ShannyJ's Art A La Carte

Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's All About the Tutorial

Testing, 1-2-3! Well, here is my first post. My name is Shannon. I'm a wife, a mother and my head is constantly exploding with creative ideas. What's your hobby you say? Where do I begin? I've dabbled in photography, painting, ceramics, book making, welding, carpentry, baking and most recently and more passionately paper craft. While I may seem like a closet  Cathy and Steve, this blog is mostly dedicated to paper craft. So much of what I have learned has come from (I hate to admit) hours of youtube watching. When I create a mini album or card set, so many people are wildly impressed. I can't help to think that it's not that I'm crazy talented but that they don't know how easy the steps are. Well, here is my effort to show everyone the things I have created, not forgetting to give credit to my youtube mentours, while also showing the simple steps so that everyone can feel inspired to try something new on their own. Most people approach crafting with a similar phrase "I'm not creative so I can't do that stuff". Yes, you can! You just need someone to walk you through the steps. On this blog I will show you finished projects to inspire you and also post mini tutorials on various techniques that I use. I hope you enjoy and if you have any suggestions for videos you would like to see me post, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment